Ottawa, ON, April 12, 2023— Festool Canada Inc., a leading manufacturer of innovative, precision-engineered, and durable power tool solutions, today announced a new range of offerings that will be available starting May 12, 2023. The KSC 60 Cordless Sliding Compound Mitre Saw, Systainer with Lid Compartment and Bit and Drill Bit Sets, have been engineered to empower professional tradespeople to build smarter, faster, and cleaner whether in the shop or on the jobsite.
“We are introducing the new KSC 60 cordless mitre saw with ultimate versatility, unmatched precision and uncompromised power, all in a compact and portable format,” said Philip Strnad, Marketing Director at Festool Canada. “The new Systainers with lid compartment and the updated drill bit sets are another boost of productivity in the workshop or on the jobsite.”
KSC 60 Cordless Sliding Compound Mitre Saw: Cordless for Ultimate Precision and Power
The new KAPEX KSC 60 Cordless Sliding Compound Mitre Saw produces unbeatably precise cross cuts in an enormous range of applications. With a variety of settings to choose from, the KSC 60 ensures smooth and perfect cuts, without wobble or deflection. Its dual-battery 36-volt system combined with the brushless EC-TEC motor provide virtually unlimited endurance for an entire day’s work. Key features include:
- Unbeatable Precision: With mitre angles of up to 60º on each side and bevel angles of up to 47º, the KSC 60 produces precise results across a range of applications. Ideally suited for wood-processing tasks on the jobsite with capacity and runtime for trim work, cutting lumber or plywood. Its performance-matched blades highlight the accuracy of precise, clean cuts.
- Impressive Endurance: Cordless and lightweight, the KSC 60 features a dual-battery system providing 36-volts for an impressively powerful tool. It provides the power of a corded tool with the maximum portability of a cordless tool for uncompromised performance throughout the day.
- Compact, Light and Portable: Every detail is designed to produce precise cuts while maintaining a light and portable form factor. With ergonomically positioned handles and a practical transport locking device, the lightweight saw is compact for easy transportation. It features a forward-rail design for an even more compact footprint, allowing the saw to be placed right up against a wall for maximum front-side clearance.
- Flexible Mobility: Offering even greater flexibility, the Kapex Underframe (UG) accessory provides a convenient and easy way to transport the saw. It features a folding design and rolling wheels for easy mobility from workshop to job site. Ergonomically designed to enhance comfort and reduce strain, the Kapex Underframe is the perfect height for supporting material on the same plane as other Festool products, such as the MFT/3 Multifunction Table.
Systainer with Lid Compartment: Tools Inside, Accessories on Top
Festool’s latest Systainer features a lid compartment to help ensure you have the right accessories for any application, any time. The transparent lid compartment has space for small parts and accessories, and the adjustable partitions mean the compartments can be customized to suit individual needs. Key features include:
- Practical: See everything at a glance through the transparent lid and use the partitions to divide the compartments within. Whether you need to store long drill bits, saw blades, bits or other small parts, the Systainer with Lid Compartment enables clear and easy organization.
- Mobile: 100% mobile from the workshop to the jobsite, the Systainer with Lid compartment enables storage, transportation and organization.
- System Compatibility: The Systainer with Lid Compartment is compatible with all Systainer generations and mobile dust extractors. Its internal dimensions correspond to the internal dimensions of Systainer3 M models – so you can simply use the inlays you already have.
Bit and Drill Bit Sets: Completing Cordless Drilling Capabilities
Enhancing its cordless power tool line-up, Festool’s new bit and drill bit sets are the companions to take on the go:
- Bit and Drill Bit Sets: New drill bit sets for countless applications, complimenting Festool’s accessory line-up. The bit sets fit perfectly into the Systainer with Lid Compartment for easy transportation. The sets feature short spiral wood drill bits with a centering point in lengths ranging from 1” to 3-15/16”.
The KSC 60 is available in two options, including the KSC 60 EB-Basic (576848) for $1,299 and the KSC 60 EB 5.0 I-Plus (577176) for $1,699. The Systainers with Lid Compartment (577346) start from $100. The Bit and Drill Bit Sets will be available in various assortments retailing from $59 to $110.