AWMAC Quebec Winners
On May 27, AWMAC Quebec announced the winners of the Prizes of distinction at their online awards gala. The event was hosted by Eric Allard, Project Manager at Inovem, and was attended by over 50 people. There were a few surprises in store for attendees, namely a tie in the Accommodations/Hotel category and two winners in the Restaurant and bar category once it was divided into below and above 1.5 million dollar subcategories.
- Retail category: Boisdaction for its Fairview Pointe-Claire Reno project
- Corporate/Professional Category: Menuiseries Mont-Royal for its 1250 René-Lévesque West project
- Accommodation/Hotel category: Beaubois for its Cache Creek Hotel & Casino project and Polybois for its 35 Hudson Yards project
- Public Project Category: Chambois for its Rimouski Courthouse project
- Restaurant and Bar Category (less than $1.5M): Ébénisterie Rénova for its Germain Montréal project (Common area + Restaurant)
- Restaurant and bar category (more than $1.5 M): Ébénisterie St-Patrick for its project Halles gastronomiques, Time Out Market
- GIS Project: Beaubois for its Willow Square Continuing Care Centre project
“The purpose of the Distinction Awards is to highlight the work of AWMAC Quebec’s manufacturing members,” says Charles Besmargian, AWMAC Quebec’s Executive Director. “Quebec’s architectural millwork companies possess extraordinary know-how. We all benefit from the fact that the projects carried out by the group members get all the visibility and recognition they deserve. ”
Besides these main awards, there was also the “Coup de Cœur” award where the public voted on their favourite project. Chambois was the winner for its Rimouski Courthouse project. There were also two categories for suppliers: Supplier of the Year went to Bois Lamica, and the Innovation category winner was Hettich for their Avantech You drawer system.
Wood Industry would like to congratulate all the winners and finalists for their incredible work.